Friday, March 8, 2013

What? Say That Again Please...






I Wish I Could Spring Forward 
and Never Stop…
By Nick Ashton, CEO/Founder, 
Tracometry Group of Companies.




Going through some difficult times and have for the second time in my life been placed in the Cone of Silence.  I have lost my hearing and the notes on the notice board, tab sheet at the local store, oh and the lamp post signs with a reward, has brought nothing, no good leads.  So if you find my hearing please call me. 

Hang on, I will not hear the call and I would not be able to hear you speak either.  In that case, email or text, which will work!  No, I will have to be sitting in front of my computer or looking at the screen of my mobile to see the text or email come in.  I don’t have time for that or do I?

I am a total bear right now, frustration abounds, as I have attended meetings and tried to act normal, as if I can hear.  I cannot!  I lip read pretty well, an art I had to adapt to, as a surveillance technique.  It is alright, but so not the same. 

When I have a little hearing in my right ear, other sounds infect the air and are fighting for my attention.  The concentration is horrendous, tiring and competitive sounds are cancelling each other out.  Someone saying something to me out of my view is not fun, I feel as if I am ignoring them and nodding and uttering yes and no, if at the wrong time it makes you look and feel like a fool.

Text messaging as the only means of direct communicating does not work for me.  Emails are not really real time and when answering, you go off on tangents and wind your way back.  Not working…

To say it is annoying is an understatement, to say I am annoying, is a massive understatement to those around me.  In fact, you can say anything you want, I cannot hear you!

I am also concerned I don’t shout or reply too loud, you know, like having a headset on and replying at ten times the volume, shouting, we have all done it.  The difference is you take the headsets off and hear normally, I can’t…

It is also a fact I cannot hear the screams or gunshots from the streets.  The incessant cries for help to lead better lives, find a job and feed the family.  I am audibly void of these facts, but in my mind and heart, I know it.  I understand that we are failing as a silent society with our ignorance and the “me” syndrome.  You know, shut the door, close the curtains or blinds, if you can afford them and live in your socially silent world.

Not only does society, including business, close a blind eye and turn the audio off expecting it to all go away with the wash of NIMBY, (Not In My Back Yard) disorder.  It does not, children are dying, babies are crying, bullets take another life every single night and you shut the door on the world!

On Sunday you gain an hour, we spring forward, well most of us in the USA do.  You lose an hour, the night before someone lost their life, others could not eat and some turnover on the pavement, which is where they have slept, or tried too.

Mothers worry about where there child is and what trouble they have been in.  So while you are looking for your lost hour, do yourself a favor, think of others and all the hours, children, opportunities and life itself that have been lost and gone forever.

I have no problems compared with the rest of humanity, my hearing has a chance to come back.  I can still write, think and may be human once again.

So, if you have a real suggestion on regaining my hearing, irrigation by the way is not working, so any “old wives tale” or if you a doctor or play one on radio, email me please.

I was thinking, “Can You Hear Me Now?”  No!

Call: (317) 426.0110
info@tracometry.com
copyright 2013 Tracometry Group of Companies – All Rights Reserved







1 comment:

  1. You and the many you are speaking for are being heard loud and clear. It is chaning slowly but surely. The workers will not give up until the cities are gold again. As long as we are breathing we can and will make a difference no matter what.

    ReplyDelete